The Rymfire Elementary School Oasis Media Center is an educational environment where students are exposed to ideas through the use of print and non-print resources in a variety of media formats. The learning program aims to foster the development of life-long learning abilities and a love of reading in all of its students. It provides teachers with instructional materials and professional resources to help with their daily teaching strategies. The media center offers an array of resources that support and enhance the curriculum and also provides an integrated program for teaching literary appreciation and information technology skills.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop and expand their literary appreciation and information and technology skills.
- To provide resources and consulting services to teachers and students while supporting the curriculum.
- To provide resources and consulting services to parents and community groups appropriate to the school setting.
- To encourage appropriate instructional applications of technologies and provide guidance in their use.
- To manage effectively and efficiently the Oasis Media Center facility, resources, and programs to benefit the entire school community.
- The RES Oasis Media Center will be the intellectual strength of the school and will be a strong predictor of academic achievement.
- The RES Oasis Media Center will foster the development of life-long learning abilities and enjoyment of reading in its students at all grade levels.
- The RES Oasis Media Center will help to develop inquisitive and compassionate learners by ensuring access to and the successful use of accurate, current, and relevant information.
- The entire RES community will be essential to the overall success of the Oasis Media Center.
The program, co-sponsored by the School Library Media Services Office of the Department of Education and the Florida Association for Media in Education (FAME), began in 1983. The purpose of the SSYRA Program is to encourage students to read independently for personal satisfaction based on interest rather than just reading level.
Sunshine State books are selected for their wide appeal, literary value, varied genres, curriculum connections, and/or multicultural representation. Students are encouraged to read books that are above, on, and below their tested reading level in order to improve their reading fluency and have a greater exposure to literature.
At Rymfire, students can participate in these programs in a variety of ways to be able to vote on their favorite, collect brag tags, compete in a battle of the books competition, reading celebrations and more.
Please visit the Media Services page to learn about the Flagler Schools Media Services Parental Choice Procedures.